Wednesday, June 17, 2009

About Elephants

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
-disclaimer: I have not slept at all since 6am yesterday morning, so please excuse any incoherencies, and the fact that this is so short, and more of a boasting post than anything else - I feel fine but I don't think my brain is working as usual, but as usual I have no time!-


I know I'm going to be gushing a bit but they are so cute!!!!!!!!!!

After getting the visa process started on Monday (fingers crossed it'll all be ready tomorrow!), we had 3 days to spare in Kathmandu. In the usual way, we decided at the last minute Monday afternoon to spend those 3 days in Chetwan Wildlife Park, where we could go on an elephant ride. That we even managed to find anywhere open was lucky, as there was a strike happening on Monday (still don't know why, despite making several inquiries). Anyway, it was amazing!!!! Yesterday, we played in a river with the elephants, got to see the breeding centre (they had 2 twins and a baby elephant that was only 6 months old! So tiny! And we were able to hug a baby elephant!!!!!!!) That afternoon we went on an elephant ride (on the same elephant we met that morning in the river - her name was Punam Kali, and she was so lovely and calm), which was actually not the most comfortable 2 hours of my life, but an unforgettable experience. We also saw rhinos that afternoon, which was absolutely amazing, and when I have more time to describe it fully, I will but for now I will just boast!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the 'we love elephants' brigade. Your membership pin will be mailed shortly

    ReplyDelete