Monday, July 13, 2009

A Quick Note from Jaipur!

Because I always never have enough time on the internet! Common theme, I know.

so, Jaipur.

The Pink City, though (and I know it was never meant to be literal), really it's more brown (doesn't quite have the same ring to it though). Different from all other Indian cities I've visited by being set on a grid, with wide streets and plenty of room for traffic of all sorts (bicycles, rickshaws, cars, people, cows, goats). Much cleaner, too. Full of people who have seen many a tourist before, and lack the friendliness that we've gotten used to in Darjeeling.

I have to admit I haven't been in the best frame of mind for it, as I'm still recovering from slight food illness and a cold that started in Varanasi.

Tonight we leave for Udaipur. Who knows what that will be like?

No comments:

Post a Comment