Wednesday, July 15, 2009

These photos are for you, Dad!

Dear Dad,






Thinking of you!



Day 2 of 3 in Udaipur. Love it here so much - just what was needed after the hassles of Agra and Jaipur. It's much more relaxed here, and the people are much nicer here as well. It's a lot cooler, which helps a lot. No lake unfortunately, but it's very green. Not knowing what it looks like with a lake, I have to admit I don't feel like I'm missing much, but I expect it is very different.

We arrived early yesterday morning, and in the afternoon, managed to do a last minute cooking course. We learnt how to make Malai kofta (balls of very mild cheese and potato, deep fried and then in a gravy), samosas, and tamarind chutney. Amazing, especially the samosas. We had so many left over that we took them with us and had them for breakfast this morning (still good, if not better!) We also saw the city palace, which is incredible. I don't think I'd mind being some medieval maharani if it meant I could have lived there. They rent out the palace for functions (including royal weddings), so that may be something to keep in mind for the future. You know, after I've made my fortune and met a handsome prince.

Today we wandered around the town for a bit, and then went to see the Maharana's collection of classic and vintage cars (just for you, Dad!) Very impressive. The entry fee came with a free postcard and juicebox (freebies are always a bonus), and we had a great guide who spent ages with us. Then we've mostly been wandering around, and enjoying being here in Udaipur.

No comments:

Post a Comment